Friday, March 12, 2010

Drastic times call for drastic measures...

Don't ask me why but I woke up in the mood to do something drastic this morning. At first I was convinced that I needed to move to Florida to escape the perpetual rain clouds of this soggy little chunk of hell we call Portland. After a bit of pondering, I decided that the idea of hurricanes disrupting my already busy day was to upsetting to further dream of Florida as a future home. Next I decided I would do something so drastic that it would likely shake the very foundation of mandom and break all the laws of bachelorhood. My plan, to do laundry on a weekday. It didn't take me long to realize that this plan was far too drastic for a first step on the path of drasticness and was thus scraped. Throughout the day I also ditched the idea to walk across the country, live in the woods for a year, date Jessica Simpson, join a non-religious cult and to buy fruit without getting some random woman to tell me if it was any good or not. I was beginning to think that I just wasn't drastic action material when it hit me, I would read the Roget's 21'st century thesaurus from cover to cover! I know it's not as shiny as say reading the bible (done that) or a giant set of encyclopedia's (boring) but just think of all the cool new words I will learn.
So, starting tomorrow I will take the first step towards true drasticness and crack this oft neglected text and read until there is no more reading to be done!

I am fully aware that this task could destroy my mind, weaken my limbs and yes, even kill me but these are all risks one must take if he wishes to be truly drastic.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Lee Ann Setzer March 12, 2010 at 9:48 PM  

I wish you success, good fortune, happy fate, felicitous destiny, good karma, kismet, and serendipity.

All of which and more ought to be within Roget's!

Luisa Perkins March 13, 2010 at 4:32 AM  

Aw, Lee Ann beat me to it. Roget's is right up there with my scriptures in its must-read-ness. Enjoy!

Followers

Here is a random sentence, meaning absolutely nothing.

  © Kings kick ass templates 'External' by Epicscribe.com 2008

Back to TOP