Monday, August 10, 2009

Think outside the fortune cookie

I just encountered the most sage wisdom I have ever seen in a Chinese restaurant and it wasn't even in a fortune cookie. The quote to end all quotes was on sun yellowed paper unceremoniously stuck to the wall behind the cash register with a green thumbtack and rimmed with dust. Here is what it said;
"Express yourself completely and then become quiet."
Isn't that brilliant? It could be interpreted in so many ways. For now I am taking it to mean "speak your peace and shut up." Of course it COULD mean that you should run naked through the mall and then hide somewhere and be as quiet as possible until the police give up the search...

1 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst August 10, 2009 at 4:11 PM  

For a brief moment you had me feeling quite pondersome, and then? Giggles. I think I have mental whiplash now.

Came over from Luisa's.

Followers

Here is a random sentence, meaning absolutely nothing.

  © Kings kick ass templates 'External' by Epicscribe.com 2008

Back to TOP