Monday, August 17, 2009

Don't fear the reaper

It would seem that for me, the sun has finally set on my youth. After agreeing to an impromptu eye exam yesterday (my cousins wife is an eye doctor), it was revealed to me that I need reading glasses. Fortunately, my vision is still near perfect with one tiny exception. It would seem that the little muscle that allows your eyes to focus is giving out after 33 years of abuse. Because of this minor flaw, it takes longer for my eyes to focus back on reality when I set a book down, or take a break from writing. Although the good doctor assures me it is totally normal for this to happen with a person of "my age", it is still a blow to my inner Peter Pan.
Alas, the reading glasses look quite dapper on me...
I turn 34 next weekend and instead of celebrating in the normal fashion, I think I will go shopping for walkers and other tools of the aged and infirm.

0 comments:

Followers

Here is a random sentence, meaning absolutely nothing.

  © Kings kick ass templates 'External' by Epicscribe.com 2008

Back to TOP